Tuesday, August 4

Black Beans...


We love beans. Everyone. We eat them for breakfast with eggs and corn tortillas. The kids eat them all the time for lunch and snacks. We are a huge bean family. Today I made black beans and would love for you to try this scrumptious side. Totally yum!

I cheat and never ever do the overnight soak. Seriously who has time to do that much less who can plan out their meals that far in advance? Not me! So I always rinse the bag of beans and throw them in a pot with lots of water. I bring them to a boil, turn heat off and let them sit for an hour. I drain them and clean the beans well before they go back on the stove with fresh water, lots of salt and a pour of olive oil. I boil them and let simmer for about 2 hrs adding water if need be along the way. towards the end I add a can of Salsa Verde. stir at random, and add my super salt and about ten shakes of valentina salsa picante and about ten turns of fresh ground pepper.

Serve over brown rice, or however you like. I love it mixed in with Quinoa(that will be another recipe, another day...I just discovered Quinoa and am crazy about it).

No comments: