Monday, July 6

Beach, Books + Jumping on Beds...

I have been thinking...

We just got home from the most wonderful trip to The Outer Banks, NC. Seven days of bliss. Pure relaxation..well, as much as possible with three kids eager to get to the beach at 6am every day, ha! But I did have a smidge of time to clear my head a bit and think about some of the things that have been on my mind lately. Now I am home & would love to share some thoughts with you. Do you remember when you were kids how simple life seemed? How relaxed & happy our parents were? I actually have memories of my Mom reading books! Books! Seriously, who has time to read today with our crazy lives we lead of being super parents & super friends-volunteering at our kids schools-working-keeping the house clean, going to Saturday sports game(s)? So. Where am I going with this you ask. I have personally decided to start carving out 30 minutes a day to read, to unwind, to loose myself in something slow paced. Do you all find time to read in your busy lives? Here are the two books I will be starting with...


I can not remember where I found this image below(ug), but I will be doing this today too. Can you remember the last time you jumped on a bed? Okay friends, I want you to go do this and tell me just how fun it was, okay?! How many times have you told your kiddos not to do this? Ok..so sneak it.


*I would love to have you all start commenting so I don't feel like a lonely blogger. Come on Lake Highlands! Lets get this community sharing recipes, books, stories and inspiration! Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!

No comments: