Friday, July 10

Friday's Home Tour: Erin

What fun this home tour was! Erin is just as cute as she is in her photo and her home just exudes creativity. Thanks Erin for sharing your beautiful house with us.

What do you do with your time(job,daily activities)?
I'm a stay-at-home mom and I feel so completely blessed to be doing so. I also have my little card business and look forward to developing it more. Right now I'm doing some tutoring at our neighborhood elementary school. I'm feeling a little scattered at the moment, but I just can't complain at all. I love my life!
What is your favorite color?
Red has been my favorite for as long as I can remember, but I'm liking blues and bright greens as of late.
Up to this point what has been your biggest design challenge in your home?
Updating our kitchen... We've had a hard time agreeing on a design and deciding just how far we want to go in renovating it, while still working within our budget.
Does a budget have a big play in how you decorate your home?
Yes, definitely. We've always worked within a budget, trying not to go into debt for any of our purchases. This translates into s-l-o-w progress!
What is your favorite detail of your home if you could only pick one?
The hardwood floors... A necessity with kids and dogs!
Do you have any design projects for 2009? If so what are they?
We have a long list of things we want to do. When the economy turns around for us, I'd say the kitchen renovation is at the top of the list... Of course, it's been there since we moved in 9.5 years ago! Other things on the list: updating our master bedroom, landscaping the front yard, recovering some chairs, a new sofa in the family room, office furniture...
Who do you look to for inspiration?
Other homes, magazines, blogs
Do you have kids, if so how many?
Yes, a six year old daughter and 20 month old son.
Please share with us how you have made your home more comfortable for your kids?
We utilize all of our space, so there's little that is off limits to them. We've also made the backyard an inviting, fun play area. Most days the back door is open and the kids go in and out as they please. It also serves as space for them to have their friends over and we can sit and lounge while they run around and have fun.

No comments: